Are you tired of the workplace politics that gets in the way of real results, great teamwork, and deplete you of the energy to make your impact in the workplace?
Do you want to be able to express yourself and your talents more powerfully in the workplace?
Do you want to create a culture of inspiration, innovation, entrepreneurship, and engagement in your workplace?
If so, we need YOU!
Join our Authenticity@Work Movement. Here’s more information about it.
The Authenticity@Work Movement
Let’s face it. We spend more of our waking hours at work than any other place most likely. Let’s make our work a place where we can thrive, learn, innovate, and create an impact that really inspires us!
Margaret Mead said “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
My dream is to connect with and support a community of people who want to bring greater authenticity to our workplaces. I would like for us to have workplaces where people are inspired by the work they do, connect with others in authentic ways, bring their full energy, insight, and creativity to make work better.
The Authenticity@Work Advocate
Our advocates are people who believe in the movement and are willing to contribute to creating an impact on the culture in their workplace and spheres of influence.
Inspired? Intrigued? Or even mildly curious?
As an Authenticity@Work advocate there are lots of ways to get involved. The biggest change begins with YOU.
- Connect with us in social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Pinterest) and share content within your community.
- Share your ideas via social media using the hashtag #Auth@Work. We are compiling and sharing these ideas.
- Create content and tools together about how we can be more authentic in our workplaces. Experiment & share.
- Host a discussion group about the seven practices of authenticity (we will provide a discussion guide for each of the sessions you will lead)
- Host a team workshop or invite us to speak to your group.
- Other ideas? We’re all ears! You tell us! Contact us here.
Ready to get started?
- See below the Ten Commitments of Authenticity@Work Advocates.
- Send us a picture of you with your signed Ten Commitments via e-mail (email@example.com) or social media and tag #Auth@Work.
- Send us some information about you via e-mail so we can post it on our website. Here’s what we need:
- your name & organization,
- your personal “why” authenticity at work matters to you
- one fun fact about you that you want to share that makes you uniquely you
- one awesome action you’re taking to bring Authenticity@Work
The Ten Commitments of Authenticity@Work
Since we firmly believe that authenticity begins with YOU, we ask that you sign these ten commitments of Authenticity@Work. These ten commitments summarize the important practices of authentic leaders as discussed in the book Wired for Authenticity.
You can download them and post the list where you will see it often to remind yourself of how you can show up as a more authentic leader every day. Remember, it’s a practice!
- I commit to a daily practice of connecting within to be centered in my authentic self.
- I commit to express my point of view and also listen with open curiosity to others’ point of view.
- I commit to returning to my most inspired self when I find myself disengaged.
- I commit to choosing who I am BEING as I make decisions.
- I commit to letting go of judgments I make of myself and others.
- I commit to creating a culture of openness where diverse points of view are heard and debated.
- I commit to recognizing others who display courage in expressing their authenticity.
- I commit to letting my values and sense of purpose guide me rather than my fears and insecurities.
- I commit to working toward a culture which recognizes the unique strengths and contributions of team members.
- I commit to spreading the message of authenticity within my organization or spheres of influence.
Will you join us?
[…] plays junior philosopher on my Forbes and company blog. Join Henna to create a movement for greater authenticity in our workplaces. You can follow her on Twitter, Facebook or […]
[…] about connecting with people around a movement for greater authenticity in the workplace (see: https://transformleaders.tv/be-an-authenticitywork-advocate/ […]